Our Town. Our History. Our Heritage.
mission of the Elmhurst Heritage Foundation is to stimulate broad-based
support for local history, the Elmhurst History Museum, and the
Churchville Schoolhouse through advocacy, education and
fundraising.This citizen-based support group works actively in the
community to support the Elmhurst History Museum and the Churchville
Schoolhouse -- two very important cultural institutions that allow
residents and visitors to experience the unique history of Elmhurst.
Through strategic planning, donor development, outreach, and essential
fundraising, the Elmhurst Heritage Foundation will offer guidance and
support to keep history alive for future generations.
its inception, the Elmhurst Heritage Foundation has planned and
implemented several fundraising events and donor campaigns to make
significant contributions to achieve these goals. Some examples of this
- Donations to complete renovation of the historic Churchville Schoolhouse;
- A new membership program to encourage community support;
- Donation of history books to Elmhurst elementary schools;
- Provision of transportation for student field trips to the Museum and the Churchville Schoolhouse;
- An expanded volunteer program to offset staff reductions;
grants to enhance Museum exhibits and programs and to support ongoing
living history programming at the Churchville Schoolhouse.