Map & Directions
Elmhurst History Museum is located in downtown Elmhurst in the Glos Mansion, one half block east of York St. and south of the Metra tracks. View on Google Maps
From the East
- On the Eisenhower Expressway follow signs marked I-290 West / Rockford to the St. Charles Rd. West exit
- Go west 1 - 1/2 miles to York St. (there is a stop light) and turn right (north)
- Go past the stop light to the railroad tracks and turn right (east) just before the tracks onto Park Ave.
From the West
- Take the East - West Tollway (U.S. 88), past York St. Toll Plaza to the Tri-State South (I-294)
- Exit at York Rd. and proceed north on York Rd. past St. Charles Rd. to the blinking yellow light at the Metra/Union Pacific railroad tracks
- Turn east, 1/2 block to Museum
From the North
- Take the Tri-State Tollway (I-294) to the I-290 / North Ave. (IL 64) / US 20 exit
- Continue west on I-290 past North Ave. to York Rd. / Lake St. Exit at York Rd. and go south (right) on York Rd. to Palmer Dr.
- Take a left on Palmer Dr. and proceed under the railroad tracks to the stoplight at York St. (again!) Proceed north (right) on York to the tracks and turn right just before the tracks onto Park Ave.
From the South
- Take the Tri-State Tollway (I-294) past the Cermak Rd. Toll Plaza, to the exit marked I-290 West / US 20 Lake St. / IL 64 North Ave.
- Proceed northwest on I-290 to St. Charles Rd West exit, then 1-1/2 miles to York St.
- Turn north (right) to the blinking yellow light at the Union Pacific railroad tracks, then east 1/2 block to Museum